Sunday 1 April 2012

I Do Love A Sunday Roast

Sunday Dinner has always been well loved tradition in my family and to me, it is the ultimate in comfort food. When I was a kid I wasn't a big fan of food; I wasn't fussy - just wasn't bothered (how things have changed!). But I did look forward to my Mum's, Nan's or Auntie's weekly Sunday Roasts - oooo my mouth is watering as I type!


Whenever I went for Sunday Dinner at a friend's house, the first thing my mum said on my return was "Was their gravy as good as mine?"... The answer was always "No". 

Reminds me of me and my big brother!
Image via http://www.pbase.com

Believe me, my family make the best gravy and Yorkshire puds ever!! I even managed to marry a man whose father makes equally fantastic gravy.

My favourite is Roast Lamb, mashed swede, mashed and roast potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, peas, the MUST have Yorkshire's all  topped with with lashings and lashings and even more lashings of gravy and plenty mint sauce!

Believe it or not this is a cake - double comfort food yay!
By Mrs Bakers Cakes

One day, if you are really good I may even do a post with our family recipe! If my mum will let me that is!

2 comments:

I am always happy to receive comments so don't be shy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...